Arriving at Wellington airport
- The airport lies 7 km to the south east of the city centre.
- The domestic gates are within the same building.
- The Airport Flyer takes you to Wellington City, the railway station, Lower Hutt and Upper Hutt. Plan ahead for evening arrivals (www.metlink.org.nz). For transport through the city expect delays during rush hour.
- There are also door to door shuttle buses to the region, driving times depend on the destination and other passengers.
- Taxis are the fastest point to point transport with immediate departure (ca. 20 min downtown).
- For the transfer to the South Island ferries please consult the Interislander and Bluebridge ferry companies.
- You can pick up rental cars or motorhomes at the airport, it is recommended to book ahead.
- Free accommodation phone at the information station.
- Duty free shop for arrival passengers.
- Retail outlets including telecommunications (e.g. mobile phone hire), banking & currency exchange, ATMs, etc. Restaurants and cafés are located in the Food Hall.
- Other facilities: wireless internet, showers, mail box, baggage storage, baby change and parenting room.
- You can arrange free pickups from some accommodation providers very close to the airport, this is a good option if you arrive late at night (or leave early in the morning).
- If you get a private pickup tell your hosts to check the online arrivals information for any possible delays.
More information: www.wellingtonairport.co.nz
Our Wellington hotel tips